We know the importance of personal security (PERSEC) and operational security (OPSEC), so we have taken extra steps to protect you and your loved one's privacy. See our Privacy and Security Policies.
Although we ship your cards directly to the military mailroom, we recommend not writing anything that you wouldn't want anyone else to read. And for images - keep them 'G' rated.
We have compiled some best practices for writing to your recruit or active-duty service member. Don't be nervous about breaking PERSEC/OPSEC suggestions - if you keep in mind a few recommendations, you will be fine.
- Avoid using your military member's rank, duty station, ship, or job.
- Avoid sharing an account or social security number, addresses or phone numbers, or date-of-births.
- Avoid sharing troop movement, deployment dates, or homecoming dates.
- Ask permission to use images of other friends & family members.
- Don't share anything you don't want anyone else to read.
If you have any questions, or in doubt just let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or starting a chat.